What is Precognition? Edit
Stemming from words, meaning first thought, precognition is the ability to see into the future. Those with clairvoyance ability seem to also be able to do this.
- The converse ability to see into the past, is called retrocognition. An esoteric term for someone who can see into the past and future is a seer.
Precognitions, or premonition may be acheived both consciously and unconsciously. This type of vision happens upon psychic people at any point, including in dreams.
What can it do for you? Edit
Psions who have this ability can foresee possible futures and observe what may happen. As knowledge of the future invariably causes that future to change, visions of the future are subject to frequent shifting. While not being able to select futures or travel through time, these visions may assist in possible courses of action.
Types of Precognition Edit
There are three main forms of precognition: Precognitive Dreams, Precognitive Visions, and Precognitive Feelings.
- Precognitive Immunity makes the user unseen in any and/or various predictions.
- Users may require being in a trance or unconscious to see the future.
- Foretelling may be an involuntary action happening unexpectedly.
- May only be able to see destiny, being unable to change events.
- Visions may be more similar to dreams, difficult to remember, or decipher.
- The ability may be behave like a reverse memory, wherein the nearest futures or most important future events are the most vivid.
- Low-level users may be limited by how far into the future they can see.
- Can cause great strain to the users mind.
- May be uncontrollable and unpredictable.
- Users may only be able to see a certain aspect of the future.
Also see: Retrocognition